A little slice of paradise for any style ...
Here are just a few top reasons why you should visit San Juan del Sur!
Within 30 minutes or less from town, you can be at a number of different beaches, each with its own vibe. Surfing is a huge pastime, for beginners and experts alike. Take a lesson or just watch others try from the beach with a cold beer. Each of the following beaches vary in their offerings, but you are likely to find surf lessons, water activities and rentals, dining and drinking options, and guaranteed beautiful scenery. Our top picks include Playa Maderas, Playa Marsella, Playa Remanso, and Playa Hermosa.
Check out the current surf report and ask us if you need help finding lessons or rentals.
If you're up for an adventure, San Juan del Sur has plenty of options:
- Horseback riding, zip lining, standup paddle boarding, hiking, and catamaran tours are some fun ways to spend the day.
- If you're looking for a party, there are frequent pub crawls and the infamous Sunday Funday.
- The golf courses are spectacularly built around tropical forests and ocean cliffs. Guacalito de la Isla and Hacienda Iguana are located just over an hour away and worth the trip!
- To soak in nature, visit La Flor Wildlife Refuge to watch sea turtles nesting or to release babies once they've hatched.
- Or if you're more in the mood for relaxation, we can provide cooking classes, massages, or yoga at Elementos del Sur.
Whether you want to charter a boat to fish with a captain or wait for the fishermen to bring their catch to the local market, the fresh fish is unbeatable. Take advantage of fresh and local resources to complete your meal. Dorado, Sailfish, Black Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna, Rooster Fish, Jack Crevelle, and Mackerel are the usual catches, depending on the season.
The brightly colored buildings, the mix of authentic and worldly restaurants, the shops, the market, the Chocolate Factory, the brewery ... the town isn't huge, but it's full of variety. Get a coffee, do some shopping, grab happy hour specials at sunset, or dance the night away. There's something to do for every taste, budget, and age. Ask us for recommendations!
5. DAY TRIPS
If you're looking to see as much of the beautiful country of Nicaragua as possible during your visit, we will help you do so! Day trips are available from San Juan del Sur to explore the likes of Granada, Ometepe, Masaya Volcano, or Laguna de Apoyo. Spend a day in a different city and make it back in time for dinner and relaxation at Elementos del Sur.
Elementos del Sur offers a full concierge service to help coordinate your every need. Please inquire with the staff to help arrange details of your trip.